Thursday, October 1, 2009

This may be foolish.

This may be foolish, but all new writer's were asked to write a writer's resume if they had a one on one interview at the League of Utah Writer's Conference. I worked really hard on mine and thought why not post it on my blog. I hope you like it.

I have been writing for the last ten years, during this time I have also been an aerobics instructor, and office manager for the family business. My first novel, Moving Forward, was a learning experience that I enjoyed immensely, but has indefinitely been laid to rest. My second novel, Turmoil, is a historical romance novel, which will be re-visited upon the publication of my latest projects.

For now, I’m putting all my attention into my last two novels Dying to Live, a contemporary mainstream, and Proof Positive, a contemporary romance. Dying to Live deals with a single mother rebuilding her life with her seventeen year old son when the unimaginable happens. Karen’s life, perspective, and priorities all come into question when a searing pain seizes her chest, leaving her breathless, scared and dealing with breast cancer.

At the young age of 22, I lost my father to cancer. Although I was old enough to understand that I would live the rest of my life without the day to day guidance of my father, I couldn’t understand what questions I would have later in life. This is my way to heal, and address some of the questions I wish I had asked my father during the last months of his life.

I have studied fiction writing through numerous writing workshops, including UVU and the Jordan extension courses. I am a member of the RWA and League of Utah Writers. I believe my writing can touch many people, with a focus on women, eighteen and older.

I majored in Broadcast Journalism at Ricks College and the University of Utah. I also volunteer for a non-profit called Young Entrepreneurs of America where I organize and speak to teenagers. YEA caters to thousands of students a year and I have presented to up to 400 teenagers in one conference. I really enjoy showing young people that they can take a hobby or interest and turn it into a career.

I’ve been married for twenty years to a fantastic man and have three amazing children.

No comments:

Post a Comment