Saturday, October 10, 2009

An interesting day.

Today, I woke up to the sound of the telephone screaming in my ear, at six in the blessed a.m. It was our friend, saying that he had just recieved an instant message from my husband, telling him he was stranded in London and needed money. I rolled over and looked at my dazed husbands face. When my brain finally kicked in, and I said, "No, it's a scam don't send money. My husband is home."

I would post the actual message if I had recieved it for you to see, but I didn't get one.

In fact, my husband raced down to his computer and watched little hacker man, hack away. He logged on from my sons account, and said, "Hi."
Little hacker man, replied back with, "Hi, how are you?
My husband said, "You're up early."
To which there was no response from little hacker man. My husband had changed his password and the hacker got off.

We reported it to facebook and changed our passwords. Facebook answer was to shut his account down. He lost everything. He had over 540 friends on his account. It is sad when honest law abiding citizen get hurt by others who are trying to fraud the system.

I know this is a big scam going on. I actually saw it two days ago on The Today Show. I am so grateful that we have wonderful and loyal friends who checked to see if we we're okay and to let us know. Because of them we were able to respond in a matter of minutes to shut little hacker man down. Although, I am horrified to think what would have happened if we had not been made aware, and someone we know and love had been scammed out of their hard earned money. Thanks, everyone for being on your guard.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Makes you want to reset all your passwords - yikes!!

    ReplyDelete