Wednesday, May 5, 2010

THe LDS Storymakers Conference


I'm saddened that I missed the LDS Storymakers Conference last weekend. A few months ago I decided to be a county delegate. I wasn't pleased with the way things were going and I wanted to make a difference, so I decided I would ask my constituents in my district if I could represent them. They voted and I became a delegate. Little did I know that becoming a delegate would be like cutting off my nose. UGH! I hate it when you try to do something good and then it comes back to bite you in the cheeks.

Anyway, as you can probably guess I was unable to attend the conference. I've been surfing everyone's blogs and hearing and seeing what I missed and I feel nauseated.

My only consolation in missing; is that I did vote at the delegate conference and the people I wanted to win-did. I think they will be good candidates to represent us in the next election. This is still not totally making me feel better, so everyone please keep writing about the conference and telling me what I missed. I'm learning a lot by you all being there.

4 comments:

  1. well, at least you are doing something good. I'm very interested to learn what's involved in being a delegate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had been there, I would tell you all about it!!! I have a friend....Laurie(LC)Lewis who was and is and LDS author. She is from Maryland and has known me since I was a lot younger :o) her blog is...http://www.laurielclewis.blogspot.com

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sad! =) That would have been neat to attend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate missing out on things.

    Tamara being a delegate is easy go to caucass meeting; get voted in, attend lots of meeting with those who are running for their particular office and then vote at the convention. It's a lot of fun. I love to see how things run and work, especially in the political arena.

    ReplyDelete