Monday, August 23, 2010

To read, to write or to blog?

To read, to write or to blog? Whew, I don't know how to get it all done. I love to read. I have a stack of books five deep by the side of my bed just begging me to read. And oh, how I want to, but there is not enough time to read and write, which I also love to do. I have got to finish writing this book, I know how it ends and so therefore I've got to get the words down. They're screaming at me from inside my head, "just type us out and we will leave you alone." But in the corner there is a book taunting me because I'm dying to know how it ends. Its a vicious intertwined cycle of should I read, write or blog.

How to get it all done? I can't keep up. I start a blog and then I'm running through cyber space trying to see what every one else is doing in the world. Not to mention this is how I know what other writers are doing like myself, and its how I stay up on the book conferences coming my way. So see I need to be out there, but then two hours of my day is chuncked away and then my precious time is dwindled to only thirty minutes before the kids get home from school and I must write or should I read? Sheesh, I can't remember.

3 comments:

  1. So...I haven't been on here in a LONG while...what are you writing? I think that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha...I shouldn't laugh at our common plight---but I am afraid what you have is a common plague. I can never decide on what is the best thing either. =-) My blog writing has gone WAY down, from 3 times a week to about 3 times a month. yikes. =-) but it has been the best thing for me...I was wasting too much time on it anyhow... somehow though, I'm still not reading the stack of books by the side of my bed either. hmm. Maybe next year when Audrey goes to Kindergarten. SCARY! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valarie, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I'm writing what I hope is a funny, endearing book called Dating Ms. Harvey. It's about a fourth grade class project that takes a turn, do to a savy fourth grader.

    How is the family?

    ReplyDelete