Sunday, November 29, 2009

I’m hoping some of you are wondering if I made my goal of 50k words for NaNoWriMo. But before I tell you, I’d like to keep you suspense for a while so I’m going to change the subject.

It’s the Christmas season and I love sappy movies and where better to see a good quality sappy movie then the Hallmark Channel. Now if you think I’m putting them down, Au contraire, I would love to be mentioned in the same category as some of these writers.

As I’m sitting here watching the Hallmark Original Movie Channel at this very moment. (while I’m writing my blog,) Its channel 312 for me. Over the next few weeks they are previewing movies that have been made from books written by fellow authors; The Timepiece, by Richard Paul Evans, Mrs. Miracle, by Debbie Macomber, and several other authors. It would be a dream come true to have one of my novels become a Hallmark original.

Maybe it’s the one I’ve written in the month of November. Yes, I reached my 50k word goal this month. Is my novel done, not by a long shot, in fact I’m pretty sure I’ll need another month to finish. I think Dating Ms. Harvey will end up being a 70k to 75k novel when it’s finished. I did however learn a lot by writing a novel in a month like this. I learned that finding and taking advantage of little niblets of time to write still adds up to quite a few words in the end, and everything counts when you’re trying to achieve a goal.

So would I do it again? I think I would, however I think I would do some planning starting in October to start a plot outline. I’ve written both ways and I think I like some kind of chapter schedule and character development better.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you hit your goal. I don't think there is anything better than deciding you want to do something and then going out and getting it done! Good luck with finishing it...

    ReplyDelete