Monday, July 5, 2010

To be or not to be?


Every few months I have a conversation with my husband about my flat as a pancake chest. Out in public you would call my figure on top boyish at best or prepubescent, if you get what I am saying. Now, my husband lovingly assures me that there is no problem with the way I am built. And for the most part my figure does not bother me until I am stuck in the summer heat, wearing a bathing suit.
I think this may bother me because I am completely lost without—what I call “my false advertising.” This is the padding in my bra. Hey, where ever I go, it goes, we’re buddies, pals, simpatico as one. I know what you’re thinking because it’s been said to me before. “You can buy pads for swimsuits, you can even buy blow up pads to stick in suits that have a specially designed pocket. For some reason I just can’t do it. I have dreams that they fly out in the middle of swimming or water skiing and they pop some guy in the eye. Then being extremely embarrassed I would end up trying to explain and rendering myself verbally challenged. See this would be disastrous. This is silly, I know especially since I wear padding every day of my life. I know. I just can’t seem to help it.
My other hang up is I work as an aerobics instructor. Some of these woman play, for keeps in my classes. They mean business in keeping their bodies from going, south and in some causes north and east. The reason I mention this is because I have seen some pretty bad headlights in my years of working at a gym. There are also other things I’m not willing to mention, here today.
I guess it comes down to this. I’m okay with my shape and build, I actually do like my body and if I’m only uncomfortable with it on the few occasions I wear a swimsuit, I guess I’m just going to have to learn to be okay with it. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment